The facilitation of clinical reasoning skills in undergraduate occupational therapists
Dasari, B.D. and Robertson, D. (2005) The facilitation of clinical reasoning skills in undergraduate occupational therapists. In, Tenth Anniversary of the European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education, Vienna, Austria, 23 - 25 Sep 2005.
Full text not available from this repository.
David Robertson explained how he works with Year 3 of 4 BSc(Hons).
* Keynote on clinical reasoning, PBL intro, PBL assessment strategy, PBL treatment strategy.
* PBL resettlement strategy, Video conference, Review, debrief, reflect. Use case study of longstanding MS, now difficulty caring for self. Worked with person with MS - used actress to make video. 35min interview to view on web before start PBL block to go alongside history
* 1st PBL - assessment plan. Given sample assessment. 2nd PBL - treatment plan. Given sample discharge summary and home environment. 3rd PBL - discharge summary. Pictures of entrance, stair etc on web. Video conferencing helped record discussions. Also online community discussions. Looked at clinical reasoning during video conferencing.
* Types of clinical reasoning. Procedural - scientific, diagnostic. Interactive - narrative, collaboration. Conditional - predictive, pragmatic, interactive, moral/ethical.
* Dreyfus + Dreyfus 1980, Dreyfus 1981 - novice expert. Transcribed videoconference, identified statements of clinical reasoning. 2/3 procedural. 12% interactive.
* Some differences between Scottish and US students - exposure to MS and clinical setting
|Item Type:||Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)|
|Subjects:||R Medicine > R Medicine (General)
R Medicine > RZ Other systems of medicine
|Divisions:||University Structure - Pre August 2011 > School of Health Sciences
|Date Deposited:||14 Aug 2008|
|Last Modified:||27 Mar 2014 18:40|
|RDF:||RDF+N-Triples, RDF+N3, RDF+XML, Browse.|
Actions (login required)