Graham, Helen, Mason, Rhiannon and Newman, Andrew
Literature review: Historic environment, sense of place, and social capital , Newcastle upon Tyne, GB English Heritage 44pp.
- Accepted Manuscript
This literature review considers whether it is possible to identify relationships between the historic environment, sense of place and social capital. It asks the following questions:
1. What theories can we find to explain the relationship between sense of place, historic environment and social capital?
2. What evidence can we find to explain the relationship between sense of place, historic environment and social capital?
3. What is the quality of this evidence and these theories? If international, how applicable are they to the UK?
4. Are there any key studies which are of particular relevance to this project?
5. What conclusions can we draw from this literature review to inform the questions to be asked in the research undertaken by CURDS?
Actions (login required)