Kim, K., Turnock, S.R., Ando, J., Becchi, P., Minchev, A., Semionicheva, E.Y., Van, S.H., Zhou, W.X. and Korkut, E.
The Propulsion Committee: final report and recommendations to the 25th ITTC
In 25th ITTC (International Towing Tank Conference).
Details the investigation and findings of the 25th ITTC Propulsion Committee over the period 2005-2008. Tasks were as follows:
1. Update the state-of-the-art for propulsion
systems emphasizing developments since
the 2005 ITTC conference.
2. Review the following ITTC recommended
• 7.5-01-02-01: Terminology and Nomenclature
of Propeller Geometry (Harmonize with ISO standard)
• 7.5-02-03-01.1: Propulsion Test
• 7.5-02-03-02.1: Propeller Open Water Test
• 7.5-02-03-02.3: Guide for Use of LDV
• 7.5-02-05-02: High Speed Marine Vehicles Propulsion Test.
3. Critically review examples of validation of
prediction techniques. Identify and specify
requirements for new benchmark data.
4. Review the development and progress in
unconventional propulsors such as tip-rake,
transcavitating and composite propellers
(hydroelasticity and cavitation erosion susceptibility
taken into account).
5. Review propulsion issues in shallow water
and formulate recommendations for research.
6. Review the methods for predicting the performance
of secondary thrusters and compare with operational experience.
7. Finalise the benchmark tests for waterjets and analysis of the data.
Actions (login required)